Postgraduate students at the University of Cambridge can participate in eSCAMPS by:
- registering to attend (free!)
- submitting an abstract for a talk (now closed)
- submitting an abstract for a poster (now closed)
This year we are inviting student submissions for two types of research talk:
- long form presentations of 10 minutes plus questions, and
- short form presentations of 5 minutes plus questions.
The introduction of the short form talk is inspired by the Three Minute Thesis competition. We hope students embrace this challenge, and communicate the salient features of their research in a creative and memorable way. In a world of short attention spans, we consider the rapid and entertaining presentation of information crucial for public communication of science!
There will be prizes for the best long and best short student talks. All student speakers will be invited to the conference dinner, together with the keynote speakers and organising committee.
We also invite abstracts for posters. There will be two poster sessions during morning tea and afternoon tea, and a prize for the most popular poster.